Firstly, many thanks to all of our moving volunteers! They came from near and far to help us move our belongings. That is about the nicest thing you can do for anyone ever. Too, there were people among us who could make sensible decisions & I'm grateful for that; at that juncture, my mind was gone & I was worthless. It can really hold up the process.
I wish I wasn't so out of it when ATM's mum gave notice that they were helping us with getting a new stove. I couldn't even emote properly. On the inside, there were fireworks going off. I am so delighted that I won't go much longer without a functioning kitchen. (We're getting the fridge today!) I really really really hope that I managed to eek out a 'thank you' at least.
KMHD treated me to breakfast @ Waffl3 Hous3. I prefer mine 'scattered and smothered', thank you.
Heather stopped by our dark home to deliver well wishes & cute flowers.
My co-worker, Anne, and her husband bought me lovely earrings. I usually don't opt for pink, but I really love these. They are nice pop to my otherwise muted color scheme:

Another co-worker gave me $20, which, is weird. I can't explain why. Ca$h is awesome, though!
Another co-worker gave me, SIGH, this:
A few months ago, she asked me what I thought of these electric egg cookers. I told her that I thought that these types of products that just do one thing are a total waste; that making hard-boiled eggs is something I can do with a pot of boiling water. I even said these words: "I do not like it." She then asks if I want one.
As you can imagine, I was stunned & speechless when I unwrapped it yesterday. I'm sure you can imagine how baffling it is to not be listened to. Like, not one word. I expressly stated that I found these types of things wasteful & that I do not like it. Now I'm the not-so-proud owner of one. Dear future Dirty Santa: I got yr giff!
My cousin bought me a Star Trek shirt so I can be a Vulcan for next year's Halloween. I know we're just a few days past the most recent one, but I am electrified at the idea. Better practice my nerve pinch.
ATM's gifts are currently on hold as things are too crazy at our new home for a gift to be any good. The plan is to escape to Hot Springs soon and get massages. And I need one, too. Something to look forward to!
Muchas gracias!
The pre-stove era:

New fridge. Please note the vomit-inducing wallpaper and the LOTR style hardware on the cabinet:

She is settling in nicely:

1 comment:
That fridge is amazing!
Post a Comment